Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Today I found Sophie and about 8 nurses loving on her!


So Sophie hasn't been acting herself again lately. So I decided to take her back to the doctor today.


Symptoms:

Sleepless nights!

No appetite

Slight fever

Runny green, bloody nose

Fussiness

And number one-pulling her ears!


Verdict: Double Ear Infections! Yes I know, we were just at the doctors 15 days ago to be exact. He said that he thought that maybe the antibiotics just weren't strong enough so we got STRONGER antibiotics this time around. Poor little girl has been sick enough in her not even 5 months of life! We need to get her a break from being sick!


So while sitting in the waiting room for over 30 minutes and no telling how long in the actual room waiting for the Doctor, I needed to use the restroom! How do you use the restroom when you are by yourself with a small baby and you don't have anywhere to sit them?

Well, when the doctor finally left, I just asked the nurse (that I know very well from being there at least 2 times a month_ if she would mind holding her while I used the restroom. She was more than thrilled to love on my sweet baby for a minute or two. When I came out of the restroom, there were around 8 nurses standing around oohing and aahing over Sophie. But when she spotted her Mommy--that bottom lip came out quickly!

That girl sure does love her Mommy!

Now to get Sophie well...

2 comments:

Emily said...

I don't know if this will help you or not, but we have had a humidifier in Ethan's room every night for about 4 months. He has not has a runny nose that has lasted over a day or two. I have always heard that humidifiers do the trick helping with colds that in turn go into ear infections, now I am a frim believer!
I hope she is better soon and that the EI goes away quickly!

Chris and Lacy said...

I second the humidifier trick! We've had one in Josiah's room for about 4 months as well. It's great! It also drowns out the noise we make watching TV while he's sleeping so he doesn't wake up.