Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Can you get skinnier in a matter of minutes?

Mark and I joined the gym. He usually goes 4 days after work and at least once on the weekend. Honestly, I go when I can catch an hour to myself! No really, I usually go around 8-8:30 after I put Sophie down for bed. So last night Madalyn decided that she wanted to work out also. So I took her with me. SHE TALKED MY EAR OFF THE ENTIRE TIME! Sweet as can be, but you can't get a lot of working out done with a 7 year old constantly telling you how skinny her arms and legs are! A man walked by us and told her that she sure was working out hard!
So we cut our work out short and only worked out for 45 minutes instead of an hour. You should have seen that girl go on the elliptical machine!!! HILARIOUS! SO as we are walking out the door (mommy a little frustrated that she didn't get to work out as hard as she would have liked) Madalyn says "WOW, can you believe it Mommy, I am so much skinnier now that we worked out than before we got here!" and very loudly!!! Hey, at least she has the confidence to 'brag' on herself! (needless to say, I worked out alone tonight...)

1 comments:

Mika Hinson said...

Yes- you CAN get skinnier in a matter of minutes. TRUST ME. Just take a visit to your local Children's Museum- the funny mirrors do the trick. I'm always tempted to take one home with me.

Work outs with a child are more of a mental exercise, aren't they? Love her positive reinforcement, though!