Sunday, November 25, 2007

3 Stockings, and thoughts on giving birth!

The mantel--the flowers on the wreath are red but for some reason in the picture they turned out kind of maroon, which I don't like!
Yes--I love Mickey and Minnie and have had these figures for quite some time. I just can't bare to part with them. I have quite a few other Mickey Christmas items that I decorate with also.
It is so weird to see 3 stockings hanging from the mantel instead of just 2.

When Madalyn was born I ordered her a personalized stocking from Pottery Barn. It was the only pretty one they had that year. So when Loraly was born, I ordered hers from there also. Hers was cutesy and red with a Christmas tree on it. That year Madalyn was almost 3 years old. Her first comment when I hung them up was that the baby's was bigger than hers! How could it be-it came from the same store-and how could a almost 3 year old notice something so small and insignificant (or so we thought)! So every year since then, Madalyn always points out to us that Loraly's is bigger.

Since we were having another baby girl this year, we figured why not get all new stockings for them to have forever and make them all match so there will be no comparing.
So I ordered these, got them in the mail, LOVE THEM, and yesterday we went out and bought the angel stocking holders. I love the red and I think they are timeless so that we can use them for a very long time.



On a different note:
So thinking about the entire birthing process, I know a lot of people think it is amazing, wonderful, want to video tape it, don't care who watches, and so on. NOT ME! I do think it is amazing and wonderful and that there is nothing else that compares to it in the entire world (at least nothing that I have ever experienced). I love the connection the experience brings upon a man and woman. The feeling and emotions that you get to experience with your soul mate during giving birth is AWESOME!
I can't imagine 'back in the day' when the husbands were not allowed in the room. How scary that must have been for woman to be alone during that and not to get to see the expression on their significant others face.
The tears that came down from Mark's eyes after Madalyn was born---I will never forget! Although all I could think about was that he was crying all over my baby's precious little face! Memories...

I am definitely not one of those people that wants or lets anyone and everyone in the room during delivery. I guess according to some, I may be selfish, but I want to have that experience with my husband and the memories with my husband. I feel that that is why God put Mark and I together--to get to have this awesome, once in a lifetime experience with each other. He is a great husband and father and would not trade this experience for any other in the world! He loves to get to hold that baby first, cut the cord (well, this actually kind of freaks him out), and every time he is always so caring and worried about ME.

His eyes---I love seeing his eyes feel up with tears when he sees that baby for the first time, watching his eyes watching over me, and seeing the love that just beams from them!


5 more days until my due date...probably more like 9 more days until she arrives though.

We can't wait!----I just wanted to get some of my thoughts down before we do this again so I can have something to look forward to because all I keep thinking about is pain, and honestly I am a little frightened.


3 comments:

Mama B said...

Adorable stockings!!! I am soo ready to get my Christmas decorations out. I started tonight!!!!

SG said...

Love the stockings! I too am not an everybody come on in kind of birth mama. But Idid want my Mama with me. And this last time we let Sari come in. My rule was that no one could go past my elbows! it was funny to have them crowded around the head of my bed! But it is your baby and your body so I think you get to do whatever you are most comfortable with! :) I'm excited for you!

Amber said...

I am so excited about you giving birth. I loved giving birth. Not so much at the time ( can you blame me?Kelton was 2 weeks early & he was 10 pounds, 21.5 inches, & his head was 15.5 cm and it had already fused, which is very rare, but basically means that 15.5 cm passed through something intended to pass 1o cm). Having said all that, I wouldn't trade it for the world. It is the one experience in life where you get to assist God in a miracle. You will do awesome. Ashley popped out her 3rd girl in 15 minutes, so I'm betting it will be pretty quick! Can't wait to meet her!