Saturday, December 1, 2007

Enjoyful or Stressful Pregnancy?

It seems that certain people have terrific pregnancy experiences and love being pregnant; others have very stressful pregnancies whether it be due to illness, unexpected pregnancy, or other personal situations making their pregnancies stressful. I honestly don't know how I would react to having an uneventful pregnancy. It seems that all three of mine have been quite stressful for whatever reasons.

With Madalyn, we were young, nervous, and had no idea what to expect. She was a planned pregnancy so that was not it. The delivery was stressful also because of a few minor complications.

With Loraly, I was a little older but still nervous and wanted everything to be perfect!

With both of their pregnancies I stressed the entire time because when you don't know what to do or expect you constantly try and do whatever everyone else tells you, because you think that is what is right and what you are supposed to do. You have to understand, I am pretty much a people pleaser---it is EXTREMELY hard for me to tell someone no for whatever reason. Also with both of them I had bad dreams almost nightly that my teeth were either breaking, cracking, falling out, or shattering! Not fun---if you read into what dreams mean, it means that you are stressed out!
I also found this interpretation: teeth - Falling out: Loss of control over certain aspects of one's life. Powerlessness, unable to influence things or the outcome of things important. Loss of self-esteem in a situation or a chronic problem.


With this last pregnancy, I have tried my hardest to be happy, not stressed, and let my girls be involved as much as possible. Mark and I are trying to let the girls have most of the fun and glory with this pregnancy. For instance, we let them pick out most of Sophie's baby items, that is why everything is pink!
We took them to the sonogram to find out if she was a boy or girl!
We let them help paint and decorate her room.

This weekend will be our last weekend with just the 2 older girls! We are trying to do things with JUST them so they will feel extra special before we have a new baby in the house.
We hope, wish, and pray that we could just enjoy these last few days of pregnancy to the fullest. We try our hardest to make our children happy above and beyond anything and anyone; and that should be by far the most important thing!

3 comments:

Mama B said...

Good luck Wednesday!!! I'll be thinking about you!!!

Unknown said...

Less than 24 hours now! How fun! Hope to see pictures of her soon! I will say a prayer for you in the AM!

Unknown said...

Actually that was me. Stephanie